copyright question

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Mar 26 01:29:04 EDT 2010

And it was said--

>I have three WCOP survey sheets from 1958-59.  They all have
>copyright notices in the name of Plough Broadcasting Corporation.

That was exactly my area of confusion-- there is no more Plough
Broadcasting, and I too wanted to use a WCOP survey in my article--
but I can't imagine who could grant me permission.  SO are you saying
the copyright renewed automatically in 1987, or are you saying I
might be able to use it under "fair use"?  I figure that using a WRKO
survey from the top-40 days requires asking somebody at the current
WRKO and hoping for the best.  But those long since defunct stations
are what puzzled me.