WXKS HD3? hopefully!

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Sat Mar 13 22:05:28 EST 2010

> Most people don't care about call signs, they think of WXKS-FM only as
> Kiss-108.  So the whole thing strikes me as irrelevant.

Somebody must care, or why bother swapping the WKOX / WXKS callsigns?

For me, WKOX always meant the adult standard it was when it was in
Framingham,
and WKXS always brings to mind Kiss-108.  WKOX seems to make more sense for
a talk radio station, but that's just me.

Perhaps Clear Channel felt it could woo listeners of the old WKOX Rumba over
to 1430 if they brought the callsign over.

-Bob