WBZ is reporting a loss

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Wed Mar 3 15:51:55 EST 2010

Don Kent's weathercasts are among the best memories I have of growing
up in Mass. with Channel 4 --- as you said, the sliding boards, the
Magic Markers and, before that, the big, thick pieces of chalk.
Primitive stuff by today's slick standards, and the map was virtually
covered with words and numbers, but somehow Don made it all work.   He
was a great air personality, a great forecaster and the quintessential
Yankee.    -Doug