Google Alert - Ted Larsen

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Jul 29 07:32:00 EDT 2010

Sorry. I should have realized that someone who was confounded by
copying a URL from a browser's address field into an e-mail message
that he was composing also could have included three different
versions of a mailing-list's address in the message's To: field.
Normally, when I hit "Reply All," the only time I examine the To:
field of my reply is after I get a bounce notice informing me that my
reply could not be delivered to one or more of the intended
recipients.

BTW, I was able to copy the URL of the clip with no problems at all:
http://larryglick.podomatic.com/player/web/2010-07-18T17_17_26-07_00
Using IE 8, all I had to do was hover the cursor over the address
field, right click, and select "copy" on the context menu that
appeared.

But of greater intertest than the clip or the cluelessness of list
member who tried to post the link is an artifact in the clip. I gather
that the clip was recorded off the air on a not-too-selective AM
receiver in a location where WBZ's signal was not always especially
strong. At several points in the clip, WBZ almost disappeared as it
was overridden by a station broadcasting country music. Would that
have been WHN? WHN was second adjacent to WBZ, but I recall that, back
in the late 70s/early 80s, WHN's skywave up here was WAY stronger than
that of the current AM 1050 in New York, WEPN. I have long wondered
whether, in that era, under George Storer's ownership, WHN was
expeimenting with very high levels of modulation on positive peaks. I
think it wasn't until shortly after 1977 that the FCC restricted
modulation on positive peaks to 125% of the level of the unmodulated
carrier. IIRC, back in those days, WHN's night signal here was as
strong as that of any of the strong local stations.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367