WBZ-TV History and Where Are They Now?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Jul 12 23:32:17 EDT 2010

On 7/12/2010 8:40 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> There was a Channel 9 in Hartford??? I think that would have come as a
> surprise to both WOR-TV and WMUR-TV to which it would have been
> extremely short-spaced. Don't you mean Channel 8? (Channel 8 was
> really licensed to New Haven, but transmitted from Meriden Mtn, I
> believe, and therefore also served Hartford.)

While I have a lot of respect for Donna's knowledge of TV history, I
don't think there was ever a channel 9 in Hartford.  Channel 8 was the
ABC affiliate there, and north of Hartford, there was also eventually
channel 40 from Springfield.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856