WBIX going Catholic

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 12:01:18 EDT 2010

The 1060 facility seems to be hexed.  Ever since Garabedian tried to become a major player in upgrading the-then daytimer WGTR to full-time, THAT was when it never quite "made the grade" again.  WGTR was a great full-service 1000 watt daytimer that really had a following in the Metro West.  It was a good format.  But when it tried to be a "50,000 watt" (yeah, right) all-news station, with WEEI pretty much owning THE franchise in Boston, 1060 never worked again. It never got a full operating license due to its' highly unstable directional pattern.  WBZ was always on their necks claiming interference.  It was to become a walking disaster. Let's see... WBIV, WSTD, WTTP, WMEX, multiple brokered formats with very little results, and of course the famous WBIX scandal...... well... 1060 has not been quite a "stellar player" in it's 38 years of existence. Hope the Catholic operators have got some money to do something with that poor station.  A little prayer
 might be appropriate.  Bon chance.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"