WBZ-TV History and Where Are They Now?

tk41c@aol.com tk41c@aol.com
Fri Jul 9 10:22:00 EDT 2010

It was Judge Roy Bean, originated on the station's RCA TK-26 color telecine.

Later, when news became big business, the color chain was split into three monochrome chains.  Much later, it was restored as a color telecine.  I'm not making this up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com>
To: A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Sent: Fri, Jul 9, 2010 1:47 am
Subject: Re: WBZ-TV History and Where Are They Now?

I believe it was syndicated Science Fiction Theater from ZIV

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM, A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/2010 1:57 PM, Linc Reed-Nickerson wrote:

> I believe WBZ can probably take the honors for earliest locally originated
> color transmission, not live, but because they (Bill Hauser) purchased an
> RCA TK-26 color film chain (before or about the time WHDH went on the
> air).

 I remember, sometime in the spring of 1957, about 6 months or so before
 WHDH-TV went on the air, they were advertising something on channel 4 as
 "New England's only local color show."  It was a filmed syndicated show, and
 unfortunately, I can't remember what it was.  I don't think I actually ever
 watched it.

 --
 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856