WBZ Radio has new logo

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Jul 2 21:33:53 EDT 2010

"I think WJZ-TV, KYW (AM), and KPIX-TV also continue to use the old Group W font as well --- at least the last I knew that was the case.
For that matter, WOWO still uses it, even though the station was sold by Westinghouse a dozen years ago or more.  I don't know why the font
was abandoned in Boston.  Curious."

There's a pretty good freeware approximation of that font, called Anklepants, available at http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=673 .  Its developer even states that it was inspired by the Westinghouse broadcast group logos.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040