Hybrid Digital Radio Power Increase

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sun Jan 31 17:30:50 EST 2010

At 04:58 PM 1/31/2010, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

>BTW, whoever wrote the original post chose a subject line that
>suggests that the HD in HD Radio stands for hybrid digitial. That
>would be a fine rationale for the use of the HD acronym because it
>actually explains how the system works as well as a mere two words can
>possibly explain it. Unfortunately, however, the trademark holder,
>iBiquity, does not agree, and the trademark holder absolutely gets to
>say what the words behind a trademarked acronym do or do not mean.
>According to what I've read, iBiquity says that the letters HD in its
>HD Radio trademark stand for nothing at all. The company must have a
>reason for that explanation, but I haven't heard the explanation.

Well, I'm the guy who wrote the original post, and I feel that
iBiquity chose the name HD Radio in hopes that it would be confused
with High Definition television.  I titled my post the way I did to
make sure that everyone knows I'm writing about radio and not TV.  If
iBiquity wants to sue me for not using their trademark when
describing their half-assed product, so be it!

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH