WTIC skywave (Was WBZ & WRKO signal in Springfield)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Jan 28 11:14:09 EST 2010

<<On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:31:42 -0500, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> it doesn't seem to care that its own WBZ and KDKA destroy each other's
> night signals with IBOC hash and it didn't object to WBIX's (now
> granted) application to increase its day power to 50 kW by using its
> night pattern by day from what had been its night site.

They probably reasoned (correctly in my view) that 50 kW from Ashland
would put fewer people in the zone of interference than 40 kW from
Mt. Wayte with a much looser pattern does.

-GAWollman
(writing to you from beautiful Millbrae, California, on my phone)