WBZ history - John Bassett

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jan 26 01:14:26 EST 2010

At 11:23 PM 1/25/2010, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>Perhaps Prof Halper (bowing) might know the answer but my question is
>about former WBZ announcer John Bassett. (1950's)

John Bassett, the guy who ended up as GM at WCCM in Lawrence?  He was
one of the original "Live Five" in late 1956, when WBZ dropped
network programming and began featuring live disc jockeys.  He had
been on the air locally at several stations, if I recall correctly--
I keep thinking he was on the old WORL and he was definitely with
WHDH in the late 60s, but I truly do not recall whether he did any
sports.   I also don't think he's Canadian.  Let me see if I can find
my file on his career.