Media impact on the special election

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:38:20 EST 2010

I will guess that in Springfield 22 and 40 and the cable version of
CBS3 geared for Ma give the Senate race lots of coverage.

Also WBZ radio has a solid signal into Springfield as does WRKO by day.

As you get further west you then get the Albany outlets who most
likely just gave the race minor coverage.

We saw something similar in the 80's when Jerry Williams went on his
seat belt crusade. Where WRKO could be heard the vote went with Jerry
- out west voters wanted to keep the law.

By and large statewide elections tend to ignore the 413 area code.