Air America, RIP

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jan 21 17:46:49 EST 2010

I'd like to say I'm shocked by the announcement that Air America
Radio has gone bankrupt, but I'm not.  It was poorly run, wasted a
ton of bucks, and did a lot of other things wrong.  But this is NOT
the end of progressive talk.  Air America's main competitor,
Dial-Global, formerly Jones Radio Network, continues to be
profitable, with hosts like Ed Schultz, Stephanie Miller and Thom
Hartmann.  So, I expect this may actually be good for those talk show
hosts, since they'll pick up some new stations.