Stupid Question

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Jan 11 05:06:42 EST 2010

Certain shows can be blocked, but most channels don't at this point,
fearing a backlash from viewers.  The only time I've seen it is with
certain HBO specials.  I tried to DVR the last Robin Williams special
and it didn't take.  I tried another show on that channel and it
worked fine.  My guess is that you may see more DVR blocking in the
future, as many viewers, particularly in the younger demos, often
record several shows each week and play them back at their
convenience, fast forwarding through the commercials of course.

-Dave Tomm