I guess holiday music works

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jan 7 17:53:22 EST 2010

At 01:05 PM 1/7/2010, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>Looking at the December radio ratings and I am guessing we will be
>hearing Christmas music next August as WODS jumped to #2 and WR0R to
>#5.

Doesn't shock me.  More than 92% of Massachusetts identifies as
Christian, so that's a lot of potential listeners, plus for many
people, the music is a major part of the holiday season, even for
those who are not specifically religious.  They identify it with
gifts, and family and memories of childhood, and stuff like
that.  Okay fine, it drives some of us crazy, but I understand it's
very important to others, and when I consulted in markets that were
overwhelmingly Christian, such as in the deep south, I recommended
doing that too.