North Dakota tower

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Mon Jan 4 20:40:57 EST 2010

I just had a look at the current FAA Advisory Circular AC 70/7460-1K
regarding tower lighting standards. They provide standards for structures of
all types, including towers up to 2200'.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/policy/dtv/lighting.html sets out the presumption that
structures over 2000' are jointly assumed by the FCC and the FAA to
represent an inefficient use of airspace. I recall seeing 2049' as the
maximum some time ago, and that would be consistent with the combination of
a 2000' limit and rounding to the nearest 100'.

-d