Would Clr Chnl take a Boston AM to talk?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jan 2 00:17:34 EST 2010

At 12:01 AM 1/2/2010, raccoonradio@mail.com wrote:

>...Possibility of news talk format for 1430? If so what type...
>Something to keep an eye on. Talk stations not getting best of
>ratings lately and the demo might be seen as older, but you have to
>wonder if a station could be put on with blend of local and syndie
>(and think of Premiere/Clr Chnl connection). That doesn't
>necessarily mean El Rushbo and Beck will wind up there, but...

I've heard rumours for months about CC wanting to take Spanish off of
one of those two stations-- 1430 would make more sense for them than
1200, I suppose, but isn't 1430 still the weaker signal, so why put
their big guns like Limbaugh on that one?  Btw, several years ago, I
came very close to striking a deal to bring progressive talk back to
1430, but it fell through for reasons I cannot discuss on this
list.  Ultimately, progressive talk ended up on 1510 under what is, I
believe, a lease-time agreement.  I have no idea what sort of format
CC would choose, but yes, I've definitely heard that talk is on their
list of possibilities.