WBUR does TV ads

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Dec 2 12:56:41 EST 2010

On 12/2/2010 8:52 AM, Sid Schweiger wrote:
> "I wondered whether WBZ accepted the ads because they were legally
> required not to turn them down..."
>
> Under what regulation or statue would WBZ be forced to accept any
> advertising at all (except for political ads for federal office)?

None whatsoever, of course.

Traditionally, at least in my days at WBZ, TV sales and radio sales were
separate entities, and my recollection was that it was not uncommon to
see spots for other commercial radio stations on WBZ-TV, or to hear
spots for other commercial TV stations on WBZ radio. Their money was
green, after all.