Globe editorial calls FM radio "outdated technology"

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Wed Aug 25 13:00:18 EDT 2010

IF, the US adopted COFDM rather than 8-VSB, like the rest of the world;
this would not be a problem. The FCC is busy trying to fix this problem by
taking all of the bandwidth away from TV stations now and turning it over to
wireless companies.

Mike - K1MH

In a message dated 8/25/2010 12:01:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>I don't know where you heard this, but I really doubt  it.  This would
just create a large interference pattern making the  signal basically
useless.  The way cell phones work is that  neighboring towers use
different frequencies so as to not interfere with  each other, with 6
MHz wide TV signals this would not be at all  practical.  And it would
be impossible to keep signals in phase over  6 MHz if neighboring
signals were on the same  channel.<<<