Emergency Preparedness [ was Globe editorial calls FM radio "outdated

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Tue Aug 24 13:38:52 EDT 2010

Would it have made that much difference? Most of the communications
antennas were on the WTC towers. If you had ever been up there you would have
seen it resembled a lawn of antennas up there.

When they knock out your communications system it doesn't make too much
difference how many alerts you send out. I can tell you the people with any
sort  of radios had crowds around them when no one's cell phones worked.

Mike

In a message dated 8/24/2010 10:54:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>It continues to amaze me that nobody thought to send out an  EAS alert on
9/11. So many people responded in thoughtful and considered  ways, given
the
magnitude of the  event.<<<