Globe editorial calls FM radio "outdated technology"

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Aug 23 23:57:32 EDT 2010

Last winter I was able to call my in-laws on their cellphones during
the big blizzard that hit Philadelphia.  During the height of the
storm, the connection was still crystal clear.  Meanwhile IIRC, there
were several radio stations in that region that were knocked off the
air.  Seems to me in that particular instance, cellular was a better
option that OTA radio....

-Dave