MLB Extra Innings feeds

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 08:07:35 EDT 2010

Extra Innings uses the feed that goes to RI and Conn as the feed for Boston area headends is delivered by fiber to improve HD (see below)

Extra Innings tends to default to NESN and YES more often as the package is assembled in Connecticut and then beamed. On DirecTV you can ALWAYS get the NESN feed on 628 as well (as long as you bought EI) if you added the RSN package.

Also...ExtraInnings will use a RDN/Cable feed even if team is on the road if the home team is OTA.
Sent on from my BlackBerry® so typos are because of tiny keys

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Smyth <ssmyth@psualum.com>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:46:35
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Subject: MLB Extra Innings feeds

I recently picked up the MLB Extra Innings package. I'm not sure exactly how they select which team's broadcast they'll use -- I thought it was the home team primarily, but I've discovered that's not the case. For instance, the Texas-Red Sox game tonight was NESN's broadcast.

Anyway, my question relates to the feeds themselves. (I figure Kevin can answer this.) When we get the NESN broadcasts, the local spots always are Connecticut ads. Any particular reason for that?