Does anybody know someone who . . .

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Wed Apr 21 22:56:28 EDT 2010

Doug,

I have an aftermarket AM/FM/XM radio from Alpine that has the same problem.  A slap from underneath the radio usually takes the place of the second road bump to restore AM reception.

I went to Boomer McLoud on Route 101A in Nashua, with an appointment, and they gladly diagnosed it but said they'd have to replace the unit.  I chose not to, and paid a modest fee for their time.  They appeared to know what they were doing and explained they heard the same thing I did and told me what the problem wasn't and what they believed it was.

They didn't tell me AM was a waste of time.

I would recommend them.

    <http://www.boomermcloud.com/>

Paul