Non competes and Howie Carr

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Apr 20 00:50:29 EDT 2010

On 19 Apr 2010 at 15:29, Robert S Chase wrote:

> However Brownbacker and the other business interests in the
> legislature are trying to get revised non-compete legislation passed
> that would allow the screw job by employers to be resumed and I expect
> would repeal . See H&F's site on same
> http://www.massachusettsnoncompetelaw.com/ I expect that legislation
> would repeal explicitly or implicitly the broadcast non-compete clause
> voiding.

The latest version of the legislation, as published on that site,
contains the following provision:

(k)	This section may expand, but shall not narrow, the prohibitions
imposed by: (1) sections 12X, 74D, 129B, or 135C of chapter 112; (2)
section 186 of chapter 149; or (3) applicable industry or other
regulation or rules.