[Boston_Progressive_Talk] Carr Suspended for a week

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Sun Apr 18 07:07:43 EDT 2010

I'm sure you're right.  What's more, Entercom is over a barrel: Howie
is the most popular personality on their struggling station.

I'm not surprised he's been suspended --- I'm astounded by what he says
about his employer on the air --- but it amounts to little more than a
slap on the wrist.

Side question:  When Howie was preparing to leave 'RKO for WTKK, wsn't
there some concern that he wouldn't be able to continue broadcasting on
his regional "network"?   I'm not sure where "Entercom entity" ends and
"intellectual property" begins here.  I would think that if he were to
leave, he could establish contracts with his former "network" stations
and set the whole thing up all over again.  Am I wrong?

   -Doug