Gary Tanguay Out As 98.5 Sports Hub Midday Co-Host

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Apr 4 05:41:58 EDT 2010

Celtics are going to end in a few weeks, so I don't think Gary's
dismissal was due to overwork.  It was simply a numbers game.  Middays
were the lowest rated daypart on the station.  I think the Sports Hub
is hoping that Gresh & Zolac will attract a younger audience more in
line with the rest of the day and to counter the older skewing Dale &
Holley show at WEEI.  98.5 really exudes a more youthful vibe than
WEEI, and Tanguay just didn't fit that presentation.

-Dave Tomm