WBOQ (was:Re: 55+ (was: Boxford pirate's coax cable cut))

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Sep 24 15:51:55 EDT 2009

At 12:37 PM -0400 9/24/09, TVNETDUDE@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/24/2009 12:01:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:
>
>  >>>Last time I listened WBOQ had an oldies format.  I admit I haven't
>listened in a while, have they trended more current too?<<<
>

>From some people I have spoken too WBOQ isn't doing that well
>financially. If you can't make money with it you cannot afford to
>continue with it.

Any idea if they are doing better or worse than when they had the
jazz format?  I seem to recall that the change in format was based
more on the personal tastes of the new owner at that time (a transfer
within the Tanger family) than on economics.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH