55

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Thu Sep 24 12:27:22 EDT 2009

> From: "Larry Weil" <kc1ih@mac.com>
> Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:09 PM
> Re: 55+
>
> Last time I listened WBOQ had an oldies format.
> I admit I haven't listened in a while, have they
> trended more current too?

WBOQ covers a wide range, from some '50s hits to some '80s
softer adult pop songs that fit their demo. They're still mostly
focused from the early '60s through the '70s, and the "softer"
side of oldies. I don't think that even Steppenwolf's "Born To
Be Wild", a tame oldie by '70s "heavy metal" standards, is in
rotation, but they do include some great mid-'60s pop oldies
that aren't often heard elsewhere anymore.

EP