55+ (was: Boxford pirate's coax cable cut)

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Wed Sep 23 14:27:13 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/23/2009 12:02:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

Generally speaking, the offerings for 55+ are more like crumbs  tossed
out to the birds than a full meal.  Little segments of  broadcasting
time on little stations.  Meanwhile we've had 4 or 5  fulltime big-power
stations at the same time stumbling over each other to  present various
flavors of sports.  I guess we have to be thankful  for what we get.  Or
maybe surf Web radio instead, order some tunes  from Collectors Choice /
Time-Life / iTunes / Amazon, and shut the old  radio off for the last
time.

Mark,

The problem with oldies stations is oldies are the 70's and 80's in NY and
NJ. When that group hits the hump it will be 80's and 90's. I guess they
think  our feeble minds can't remember that far back.

Mike