WCRB / WGBH Sale

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Sep 21 21:39:09 EDT 2009

Most underwriters nowadays  simply plug their name, services and most
importantly, their websites.  There can't be a call to action in an
underwriting announcement, but you can drive listeners to the website
for more information....then hit them with the sales pitch.  Believe
it or not, an underwriting only revenue generating vehicle could be a
viable option for some commercial ventures in the future.  More and
more listeners aren't putting up with 5-10 minute stopsets of
screaming auto spots and "spackle or paste" ads anymore.  I could
easily see certain adult skewing commercial stations (like talk or
AAA) discontinuing spot sales and taking a underwriting-type approach
to raising revenue.  It's better than losing those listeners to public
radio and new media.

-Dave Tomm