WGBH may buy WCRB?

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 15:29:45 EDT 2009

On Mon, 9/21/09, Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> Inside Radio (tip of cap to Scott F) tweets that acc to
> sources WGBH may be buying WCRB to keep classical going

How can they justify buying WCRB when they're in such dire straits that they laid off a host last week?

Are they going news/talk on 89.7? Does anyone really think they're going to out-'BUR WBUR? Is there enough of an audience in Boston for Diane Riehm (who I love, btw) and Tell Me More as opposed to other NPR offerings at that hour? Or will they just program more jazz on 89.7?