WiFi Radio (was: Fundraising drive on commercial radio WIZZ-1520 (Greenfield, MA))

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Sep 17 01:24:39 EDT 2009

At 11:37 PM -0400 9/16/09, Bill O'Neill wrote:
>Here in Vermont it could take years to get blanket cell or WiFi
>coverage but rural areas like this are not the markets that would
>bring return on investment to begin with. Rt 2 from East Montpelier
>to St Jay is pathetic for cell coverage, for instance. (Bring on the
>Northeast Kingdom jokes...) In most areas, however, it's just a
>matter of time and demand for increase cellular or WiFi penetration.
>And if there is a turnkey solution to receiving music over IP in
>next generation vehicles then that will be a vehicle for driving
>that demand. (Talk about punned-up beyond all recognition....)
>Bottom line is I would welcome any excuse to day g'day to SirusXM.
>I just let my second radio subscription lapse and will simply toss
>the head unit from car to car to office, etc.

I also know that in southern VT there is very little coverage along
Rt 9 between Brattleboro and Bennington.  Even in Brattleboro it's
spotty.  Maybe a small area near Wilmington has service, but that's
about it.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH