WiFi Radio (was: Fundraising drive on commercial radio WIZZ-1520 (Greenfield, MA))

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 23:37:29 EDT 2009

Paul Anderson wrote:
> Something major would have to change to get this to work.

Here in Vermont it could take years to get blanket cell or WiFi coverage
but rural areas like this are not the markets that would bring return on
investment to begin with. Rt 2 from East Montpelier to St Jay is
pathetic for cell coverage, for instance. (Bring on the Northeast
Kingdom jokes...) In most areas, however, it's just a matter of time and
demand for increase cellular or WiFi penetration. And if there is a
turnkey solution to receiving music over IP in next generation vehicles
then that will be a vehicle for driving that demand. (Talk about
punned-up beyond all recognition....)  Bottom line is I would welcome
any excuse to day g'day to SirusXM.  I just let my second radio
subscription lapse and will simply toss the head unit from car to car to
office, etc.

Bill O'Neill