Fundraising drive on commercial radio WIZZ-1520 (Greenfield, MA)

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Mon Sep 14 18:01:03 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/14/2009 3:24:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dav2149@comcast.net writes:

I’m just wondering if any other commercial, New England stations have
done fundraising drives (besides WJIB). Unlike WJIB, WIZZ airs
commercials, too. For my listening tastes WIZZ is the perfect station
(great music 24/7 and only one DJ (Phil D. who hosts the 6:30-9am
slot, who I believe is the owner and does a great job with a style
similar to Bob Steele’s old show on WTIC).

Well yes, WJTO in Bath, Maine does too.  -  Phil IS the owner and DJ of/on
WIZZ.  His fundraising is different than WJIB/WJTO, altho I helped him out
with it, and told him of some of the applicable details of WJIB/WJTO's
fundraising efforts.  - WIZZ needs the commercials too, along with the fundraising
because WIZZ is not in a big city, nor is it in a "Vacationland" type of
place where half-year residents having two homes are there to contribute (in
the Greenfield area).  -  Phil is one of "the good guys" in the area radio
biz; picking his own music, doing his own thing.
----BB