WAMG still running ESPN

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:39:25 EDT 2009

Indeed no changeover at midnight last night (yes I barely did pick it up here) and it was still on
this morning but perhaps the plug gets pulled during business hours today (new format? silent?) or
at midnight tonight.

I also noticed WRKO was running an ad for a contest (Jeep) where you could win by "listening to
the Red Sox on WRKO". Obviously a business commitment to keep running that, but at least WRKO,
as far as I know, finally pulled the outdated promos saying "every pitch every hit and every out
of the Red Sox is here on WRKO" (which was inaccurate even when they DID still have the Sox--WEEI had some games) and
"home to great talk and the best baseball team in America--the Boston Red Sox are right here on WRKO".
Those did get pulled finally, I think.

As for WAMG even if they do continue with ESPN thru the rest of the day there should be no local hosts.
Running off comp. and satellite.

>>As of this morning WAMG is still running ESPN Radio. At 7:25a I
even heard a promo for "Follow us on Twitter and Facebook" with
instructions to link off of both the 890ESPN and ESPNBoston web
sites. That was followed by a Kevin Wynter voiced local spot. I
didn't hear the local traffic and sports updates but to be honest I
didn't stick around too long.