WMKK

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:19:12 EDT 2009

9.9 miles NNE of Boston common...that's even a bit closer to Boston than I thought. I had gone to Google maps and
entered in Lakeland Park Dr. Peabody and "Boston" and found the distance (via US 1) to be 15.5 miles (not sure exactly where
they pinned the center of "Boston" to be). That's a driving distance but not necessarily "as the crow flies". Whatever it does,
WMKK covers many areas well within 128 and beyond including some areas, I would think, that WEEI can't reach at night.

I note that Tom Taylor's radio-info column has a prediction that Entercom will LMA 99.5 and put WEEI there and leave WMKK
and WAAF/WKAF alone (Goldman-Sachs taking the money...) but what about idea of WEEI to 93.7, WMKK to 99.5 (Andover stick)?

ESPNBoston.com debuted its web portal today (complete with a Boston-targeted sports report that froze my Firefox browser,
thank you) and there's a listen live link to ESPNRadio; as for 890 they were still doing ESPN as of 7:30 this morning and who
knows, maybe the plug gets pulled sometime during business hours today or maybe at midnight tonight...