If WMKK becomes WEEI

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Sep 13 03:32:43 EDT 2009

Right now WBOS is getting around a 3 share 12+, and holds it's own in
cume.  Due to their 90's based alternative format, they most likely
have no teen numbers or 55+ listeners to pad their cume.  It's all
18-49, or most likely 25-44.  They're super serving that core
audience.  If they're pulling a three share  and cuming 700 something
thousand listeners overall with basically just that core audience,
which they probably are, that's a very attractive place for agency
dollars.  I haven't seen the numbers, but my guess is WBOS in the top
7 or 8 25-54, and top three 25-44.

WMKK is doing even better than that.  They're a share higher than WBOS
and is one of the highest cuming radio stations in the market.  Once
the recession turns around and advertising dollars start flowing
again, Mike FM could be a gold mine.  It's a shame that Entercom will
probably sacrifice it to keep WEEI competitive with the Sports Hub.

-Dave Tomm