890 WAMG (ESPN) to launch new format Monday

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 17:27:14 EDT 2009

If it wasn't for Howie Carr I would be inclined to think it just might be WRKO

Still strange things are happening at 20 Guest the past month where
EEI and RKO have swapped studios much to the delight of Howie, the
sudden swith of baseball back to 850 etc.

ESPN doesn't really have a strong afternoon drive program so affilates
can have a local show in big markets but they do want to clear Mike
and Mike and sporting events weekends and at night. Maybe they can
live with Howie.

Howie to WAAF? Hey we talking Entercom here.

Rush? Many options for CC

I still would not bet against 590 either.

But there is no way ESPN would be speeding up the website launch
unless something major was happening on radio and WAMG losing ESPN
certainly indicates that is the case.