890 WAMG (ESPN) to launch new format Monday

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:19:39 EDT 2009

Not sure but that quote made me laugh :)

>>Hasn't Nassau lost control of 99.5 to a consortium of lenders
including Goldman Sachs ("no Sachs before
a fight" Leslie Nielsen in "Police Squad") and an entity called
'RTV Ventures'?

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2005/11/03/wcrb_sale_would_have_a_classical_twist/
(A 2005 article--that 99 year guarantee of a classical format for WCRB isn't so iron clad)

>>In other words, adherence to the format was a wish, not a binding command. That wish, says Marshall, is being honored by the requirement that any future buyer establish a classical HD channel.

But as has also been said, why put a mostly syndie sports format on such a good signal ("waste" it?) WBZ-FM at least has
mostly local sports talk plus Pats and Bruins. What kind of ratings would "ESPN 99.5", if it were to start, get?
Especially since WEEI and Sports Hub would already get most of the ratings pie.