How does CCU's system of distributing music on hard drives work?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Sep 8 16:02:27 EDT 2009

<<On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:28:52 -0400, Rick Kelly <rickkelly@gmail.com> said:

> I'd guess (and believe me, it's only a guess) that such information as
> updates is done over FTP.  Not sure in the case of how an entire
> format change would be handled, however.  I'm sure one of us knows!

For a format change, big groups will often ship an entire new audio
server and RAID array, preconfigured for the new format.  Sometimes
corporate will send their own installers, too, so the local staff
doesn't know which station is being flipped until the day of the
switch.

-GAWollman