LA Wildfire - Mt Wilson

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Wed Sep 2 00:57:31 EDT 2009

CBS/LA has already shifted a couple of their FM's to their backup
transmitters off Mt. Wilson.  Other radio stations have contingency
plans to do so if the fire takes out the towers.  The big news and
information stations in LA are on AM, and those signals are not on Mt.
Wilson.  For the affected FM's, online streams would continue without
interruption.  While most of the TV stations could lose their OTA
signals, they'll still will be on cable and satellite systems, so most
viewers could still watch.  While the damage would be devastating, and
it would take a long time to rebuild, most people could still access
LA broadcast outlets.  It just wouldn't be OTA.  FM DXers would have a
field day out there with so many local signals knocked out...

-Dave Tomm