Lightning Fast Format Changes And Back Again

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Sun Oct 25 02:48:56 EDT 2009

WBZ on Saturday between 11:00 am & 4:00 pm.  Around Noon, the
Accu-Weather guys had changed to closing their cast with "I'm
Accu-Weather's <insert name here> for WBZ..."

Yet BZ announcers were still saying "Here's Accu-Weather Meteorolgist
<insert name here>"

By 4:00 pm. the Accu-Weather guys were back to closing with "I'm
Accu-Weather Meteorologist <insert name here> for WBZ..."

Is it possible that those who have a hard time pronouncing
'Meteorologist' are allowed to drop it?