Off to London

markwa1ion@aol.com markwa1ion@aol.com
Fri Oct 23 10:47:01 EDT 2009

On AM your main BBC channels are 693, 882, and 909.

The principal TalkSport channels are 1053 and 1089.  They often talk
sports but political and entertainment-world discussions get in there
too.

Absolute Radio is a pop/rock music channel with high power synchro rigs
on 1215 kHz and low power repeaters on a number of other channels.

There are numerous ethnic independent stations such as Sunrise Radio on
1458 which runs programming mostly for people from India.

A few reports (actually from this side of the 'pond') give a bit of
idea what you might hear of UK stations and other stuff skipping in
from elsewhere in western Europe at night:
http://www.naswa.net/badx/dxclams2009.htm
http://www.bamlog.com/peidxped.htm
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/newfoundland_15.dx
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/billerica_rowley_2005_11.dx

The definitive online guide to European AM ('medium wave' as known over
there):
http://www.emwg.info/

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

<<
On 22 Oct 2009 at 19:25, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Off to London to work Pats game
>
> Have my radio packed and switched to a 9 cycle :)
>
> What can I expect these days

Well, the BBC has a number of channels on AM and FM, and there are
independent local stations as well, I believe.  I've no idea what you
can receive from the rest of Europe; and your ability to listen to
any of it will depend on what other languages you can understand.
Boston, MA 02109-2004                        http://www.attorneyross.com