quick turntable question

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 13:29:27 EDT 2009

Sounds like they are using exactly the same equipment they had back in 1967.
Do they still have the dual Ampexs?  I'm trying to remember the model
numbers, were they 250 and 350 perhaps? The second Ampex they bought in 1967
I believe was the first to use solid state electronics.

Bet the cart machine was the same one they bought then. Do they still have
their "new" solid state Gates board? It replaced an old Collins tube one if
I recall. They moved that into another studio as a production board. Do they
still have that one also?

I guess this explains why radio was such a good investment, after the
initial cost, not much ever got replaced!

BTW, it sounds like they simply lifted the equipment out of the Engineering
School and moved it lock stock and barrel over to the Campus Center when
that was built. Did they also move the studio partitions with their double
glazed sound proof windows?