Alan Dary

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 01:38:39 EDT 2009

>>Thanks to Ed Brouder for passing along the obit for Alan Dary.
>>
>>It said that Alan worked at WMEX?
>
> I don't recall Alan at WMEX.  I recall him at the old WORL, and of course
> at WBZ, and the old WHDH, and WXKS.

Hi Donna, here are the lines from his obit:

Born in Shelton, CT, his first radio job was at WSUN in St. Petersburg, FL
in 1946.  He later worked at WBRY in Waterbury, CT before moving to WORL in
Boston from 1951-56, where his music show was called the "Dary-Go-Round."
>From 1956-61 Alan was one of the inaugural crew of local disc jockeys at WBZ
in Boston.  His original airshift there started at 10:20 at night.
>From 1961-63 Alan returned to WORL for a mid-day music show.  From 1963-74
he was part of the airstaff at WHDH in Boston.  From 1974-76 Alan worked at
WMEX in Boston.
<<