WNYC annouces what the new WQXR will be

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:24:18 EDT 2009

Don't bet on it.  I just perused the playlists of programs hosted by
Cathy Fuller and Brian McCreath for this week so far.  Highly eclectic
(it even included Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite".  If that doesn't ring a bell,
some of you may remember the days when cigarettes were advertised on radio and TV.
Philip Morris frequently utilized a young man in a bellhop's costume who
yelled "Call for Phi-il-ip Moar-arris" while a section of the "Grand Canyon
Suite" played in the background).  And remember when the guy from the-WQXR-to-be
said, "Vivaldi ok, just no vocal music"?  WGBH so far this week has played only
one Vivaldi composition...the "Gloria" for vocalists, chorus and orchestra.

--
An Excellent Credit Score is 750
See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!