WGBH TV on the Radio

Aaron Read friedbagels@gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:47:36 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:03 AM, A. Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com> wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2009 at 23:04, Aaron Read wrote:
>> WBUR already airs Fresh Air, H&N and TOTN, and I suspect DN! would
>> alienate more WGBH listeners than it would attract (especially since
>> WZBC already has it on at 12n anyways).  So that leaves Tell Me More,
>> which is a good show but is still just one hour.
>
> On the other hand, the WGBH signal certainly has much better coverage
> than WZBC.

True, but again, DN! caters to a very specific audience...it's a real
love/hate show, either you love it or hate it.  It's not good for a
station like WGBH to deliberately annoy the majority of their audience
just to pick up a comparatively small audience for DemNow.  Going
further, I would postulate that most of the DN fans in eastern Mass
are mostly living well inside WZBC's range; they're not living in the
suburbs as much.