WTAG-TV? I-86

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Nov 24 16:30:16 EST 2009

<<On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:22:57 -0500, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> said:

> It also drives me buggy that the Chicago traffic reports give you the
> info in terms of the time it takes to get between certain points.  As
> a visitor I have no idea if that's normal or indicates a delay, as I
> am not that familiar with those points.

See, I actually prefer that.  If I'm driving from O'Hare to the Loop,
having the traffic report tell me that the Kennedy is 90 minutes from
O'Hare to the Loop is exactly the information I want to know --
particularly when I *don't* know what is typical.  I'd love to have a
traffic report that gave me an estimate of Turnpike travel time from
Route 128 to Logan, for example -- that would be something I could use
when planning a trip to the airport.  Telling me "Pike east slow from
Weston to the supermarket and from Allston-Brighton to the Pru tunnel"
isn't helpful.

-GAWollman