WTAG-TV? I-86

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Nov 24 14:42:10 EST 2009

The conversion from NY17 to I-86 is actually progressing pretty close to
schedule. I drive the eastern part of the highway (Bath to Harriman)
several times a year en route to NYC, and the road has already
transformed dramatically in the last decade or so. One of the last
at-grade crossings in the Catskills (the Parksville "exit") was in the
midst of massive reconstruction when I drove through last month, with a
new bypass being built around Parksville. (Sadly, it will probably kill
off the little Dari-King ice cream stand that's been a favorite roadside
rest stop for me for many years.)

There's already "Future I-86" signage in place along much of the
Catskills "Quickway" section of 17.