WTAG-TV?

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sat Nov 21 00:16:08 EST 2009

According to Wikipedia (for whatever that's worth) NBC put it's
programming on WATR-TV to reach the New Haven area in 1966.  Hartford/
New Haven has been a combined TV market for over 50 years, and Channel
30 couldn't cover it all.  By the early 70's, WHNB had signed on
translators in New Haven (59) and Torrington (79) to fill in their
coverage gaps.  I would assume once that happened WATR lost their NBC
affiliation, but I couldn't find an exact date.

-Dave Tomm